Sunday, September 23, 2012

Vegetarian Mongolian Buffet at Quantum Cafe

"Food is your best medicine" -- as the sign says inside Quantum Cafe in Makati City. I believe this as if my own mother had said it. :) Everything we eat should add value to our health but then again, sugar is so good that giving up cake and all that sweet stuff is just illogical at the moment.

At any rate, food trips with my veg friends, are always a delightful treat. Take for example our trip to Quantum Cafe a month ago where we tried their vegetarian Mongolian buffet. It was actually my first time at Quantum and if it weren't for some kind friends who give free meals (LOL), I would not be visiting this place just yet.




For me, the choices were a bit limited but nevertheless, we enjoyed our lunch. The best part was to see the words "squid balls" and "oyster sauce" while knowing that it's purely vegetarian and made from mushrooms. I love it when I eat and I'm not scared and guessing whether what I'm getting is totally vegetarian or not. Although I don't really fancy the names because they don't sound veg and I'd rather see "mushroom sauce" or "soy balls". haha


We all had the same sentiments when it came to the vegetable selection. An additional bowl or so of leafy vegetables like pechay or spinach would have made the whole experience much better.


I love the sauce area because we had a lot to choose from. I did not try everything because I have this bias with sweet, salty and spicy. Allen, together with some of our friends, were adventurous enough to try curry. I'm not really a curry fan but I make awesome vegetarian lentil curry according to my husband. LOL. (this reminds me, I should post something about my curry dish)


One more thing I kind'a wished was on the buffet was vegetarian chicharon. I believe in being creative with your dishes and I didn't get to see that with their selection.


But I do have to commend that very, very tasty malunggay pasta. It was my favorite! :) If it weren't for the brown rice that got me 60% full on the first round, I would have gotten more of the malunggay pasta. It had this clean and fresh taste which I really, really loved.


And the best part of any meal is, of course, the dessert. They served this yummy cookie which tasted like peanut butter and oats. I had about three of this cookie. :)



Quantum Cafe
9590 Kamagong cor. Bagtikan Street, Makati City (entrance on Bagtikan Street)
Landline:  +63 2 519 07 57
E-mail: eat@quantumcafe.ph


1 comment: