Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Am A Vegetarian

I am Issa and I am a vegetarian.

There's no better way to introduce myself in this blog other than this. But I guess the blog title says it best. LOL. Oh and yes, I live in the Philippines.

Me in a Filipiniana costume

Late January of 2011, my husband Allen and I made a decision to finally stop eating meat and instead live on a plant-based diet. Having pets of our own, we both felt sorry for all the animals that suffered because they were turned into food. We went cold-turkey on meat and luckily, we did not go through the meat-craving stage, which was very unusual as some of our veg friends had to go through that part.

If you're wondering what I'm doing here blogging, then here are three reasons why:

1. I love blogging. I currently have a craft blog where I post all my craft projects and other creative stuff. I also run an inspirational blog (I sound so commercial! LOL!) where I let out positive mantras each day. And so now I am into cooking and my wish is to have a blog dedicated to veg dishes I will make.

2. To spread vegetarianism. Just to clarify, I'm not trying to form a cult or any group here or even try to convert any one of you into becoming a vegetarian. I just want to let people know how fun, delicious and healthy vegetarian food can be. If you like veggies, then maybe you can also start by having a meatless day.

3. Be a reliable source of information in the Philippines for veg foodies out there. I know how tough it is to eat outside, my vegetarian friends. Sadly, we are still a minority and while we are waiting for more restaurants to offer vegetarian options, all we can do is keep on looking for those that do offer veg options. I hope to provide such information to my fellow vegetarians.

So there. Slice yourself some carrots and nibble on them as you wait for my next post. :P

Leaf-fully yours,

Issa

No comments:

Post a Comment